Saturday, August 25, 2007

my epiphany of the morning...

"To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ, and to bring to light what is the administation of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things; so that the manifold wisdom of God might be now made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places." ephesians 3:8-10
Okay, so not only is it amazing the kind of grace God has towards Paul, to allow him to tell of this great mystery-what Jesus did for us and God's love for us-to the gentiles. But angels, good and bad, didn't understand it either until it was revealed through the church! I don't know, yesterday my mom and I had a long conversation about angels, demons, satan, evil, free will...and a lot more.. so, when I read that this morning, it made me really excited! It then brought me to.."it was reavealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in theses things which now have seen anounced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven-things into which angels long to look." 1 peter 1:12
that's insanity! i mean, angels must've been going, "Lord, why did you even create these things?" for thousands and thousands of years until that mystery was revealed to them through us, the church! crazy. I just think it's so cool the nature God has, the longing to love us and be loved by us-companionship. That's why He made us! and it finally makes sense to all those angels, good and bad, why God would make such funny creatures like us... Ha..well, I don't even know if this is making any sense, but it all makes sense in my head and when I talk about it, writing it is a little harder. It's just so cool!
i love Jesus :)

1 comment:

chris lazo said...

I always wonder what the first gentiles must have thought of felt like when Paul first unvieled the "mystery" to them.

Oh dang.